The First Video…Popping Open a Delta 1010

As a lot of you already know, I have been working on moving the stuDIY blog into the video blog realm. I have a few people helping out, but I did this first video solo, just as a proof-of-concept.

I use Windows XP machines with Cakewalk’s Sonar (Hate that ProTools!) and a pair of M-Audio Delta 1010’s as my interfaces. I have had the two 8 in-8 out interfaces for 8 or 9 years now and one of them was starting to act a little wonky. It was an intermittent problem that sounded a lot like a bad cable. Unfortunately I had to completely disassemble my patch bay in order to find out that the problem was in the interface itself. Many users have complained that the electrolytic capacitors have crapped out over the years.

M-Audio is great about fixing their stuff, so I set up a Return Authorization with M-Audio but before sending it, I cracked it open to see what was inside. I ended up noticing a couple of bulges on a few of the caps and I put a black dot on every single cap in the box, so I could see exactly what was getting replaced in the repair.

Here’s the video:

Please let me know what you think of the first rev of the theme song!

HDGXIX

Leave a Reply